ABOUT SPREADING SCANDAL:
It is bad taste and indecent to spread bad rumors about other people. People’s reputation is very important to them, so it is to you. Each person has built up a certain image about him in the hearts of his friends, relatives and acquaintances. To speak evil of such a person is very bad indeed, and Islam is specific about that.
Islam prohibits us from SPREADING SCANDAL:
Spreading bad publicity and spreading scandal can be most damaging to other who might be quite innocent. See what God’s Book says:
لا یُحِب الله الجَهرَ بِالسُوء مِن القَولِ اِلا مَن ظُلِم
“GOD’S DOES NOT LIKE SPEAKING OF EVIL PUBLICALLY (FROM ANYONE) EXCEPT ABOUT ONE WHO HAS BEEN TREATING OTHERS UNJUSTLY.”
(AL- Quran IV -148)
وَیل لِکُلِ هُمَزةٍ لُمَزَةٍَ
“WOE TO EVERY (KIND OF) SCANDAL-MONGER AND BACK-BITER; ………………”
(AL Quran CIV-163)
So we are ordered by the Almighty to watch our tongues and to fight the urge to talk about others in a bad manner.
God’s Messenger, Muhammad (P.B.U.H) says:
المُسلِمُ مَن سَلِم المُسلِمُونَ مِن لِسانِهِ وَ یَدِهِ
“THE GOOD MUSLIM IS HE FROM WHOSE TONGUE AND HAND OTHER MUSLIMS ARE SAFE.”
سِبابُ المُسلِم فُسُوقٌ وَ قِتالُهُ کُفرٌ
“TO ABUSE A MUSLIM IS EVIL AND TRANSGRESSION, AND TO FIGHT HIM IS UNBELIFE.”
If something bad comes out of a friend or an acquaintance, you don’t keep talking about it to people around you. This is just as bad as gossiping and may be in bad taste.
You may talk to your heart’s content about someone who does injustice to you, that is OK, and you are encouraged to do that. That is because Islam is for justice and is very against any from of unfairness and injustice.
As to those who like to talk about scandals and who are backbiters, than woe to them. What they do is something grave and very serious.
A Good Muslim Will Remember:
1. He can talk about injustice as he wants if it happens to him. As matter of fact. It is his duty to do that, so that he who was bad to him would be known to others.
2. It is nit good at all to talk in public about people’s faults, troubles or what have, since this will damage those people’s reputations and it is in bad taste.
3. It is indecent to scandalize other people and we are ordered to avoid that.
4. Just as bad, is to back-bite others, that is say, to say bad things about other people behind their backs.
5. A Muslim should be polished enough and of such a good character that he keeps his tongue as clean as possible, and he carful about what he says.
Instead of spreading Scandal:
Instead of that, why not speak well of other people in front of them or behind them. Why not find good qualities that you admire and keep talking about them. Better still, why not mind our own business, and avoid talking about other people as much as possible. This kind of person is a good Muslim, highly commended, and he is the one that others will trust, love and respect.